Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My New Best Friend

So, Brad and Debbie are home now - yay! I met them at the airport, we came home for lunch, and they both took a nap to get the worst edges off the jet-lag. After waking up, though, Brad was ready for a bike ride. Since we have a 4-day Bike Trip coming up this weekend, I thought it might be a good idea to get some practice in, so I went with him. Whoooo! 10 miles! I cannot remember the last time I rode 10 miles on a bike. Yay me! Or actually - yay my [[Debbie's]] bike.

This bike is amazing. It's got a motor (which means the bike is 80 lbs heavier than normal), so it will assist you, as long as you're peddaling. However, if you get too tired (which, with these hills, is often!) you can switch modes, pull on the throttle, and off you go! It was AMAZING. Although, I must say Brad is even more amazing, because he made it up those terrible hills under his own power. Dang. But it was so much fun!!! I can hardly wait for the trip now. It's gonna be like 40 miles a day (YIKES!!) but it won't be as hilly as what we did today. Whee it's gonna be FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails