Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Good Deed for the Day

Brad is off on a bike trip, and Debbie went out for lunch with a friend and then to go meet him in Trier, so I have today all to my lonesome. I did my cleaning yesterday, so when PWOC got done this morning, I was in no hurry to go home and sit around, so I decided to hang out with Kristen and Ashley and Jess and her mom. Little did I know where that would land me! We walked on over to the Hall of Champions, where there was a blood drive going on.

I am terrified of needles.

But, somehow, Kristen and Jess talked me into it. I'm O neg, the "good blood," as the lady said. It's really hard to say, "No, I'm too scared of needles," when your friend is looking at you telling you how your blood could save her husband who's deployed to Iraq. So, I got guilted and cajoled into it, and I signed my name, filled out the paperwork, answered all their questions, and braced myself. I thought the finger prick was gonna be nothing, so I was glad no one told me ahead of time that that's the worst part! Got that done with - had high blood pressure, yay nerves. Then I got in my chair and held Jess's hand (she's a wonderful person!) while he stuck me. It didn't take very long at all till I filled up that little bag (ick...) and was on my way again. Poor Kristen was in the chair for probably 20 minutes. Gabe, Kristen's little 5 year old, held my hand as the guy (who had a terrible bedside manner) took the needle back out - he was great. :)

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! Duncan is 'allergic to needles' - but I don't mind them, so I used to give blood every time the Red Cross was at our work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails