Tuesday, July 8, 2008

20th Birthday

I'm 20! It hasn't sunk in yet - not that 20 is such a huge step up from 19, but I'm no longer a teenager - I'm in my twenties. I'm more 'officially' an adult. It's kind of a fun thought. But it will take some getting used to.

Anyways, last night was my birthday celebration. Mac came over to the house and joined us for a dinner of Raclette, which is kind of a delicious cousin to Fondue. After dinner we opened presents: I got four books of a very wide variety from B & D, and a movie from Mac that he'd been trying to find for me since last time I was over here. I also got cards from home! And piano music that my wonderful mother sent me. :) Then there was the cake - Debbie made me a red velvet cake, and the recipe was actually one she got from my great-grandmother! And boy howdy was it delicious. I made my wish and blew out the candles - and actually blew one of the candles off the cake. I don't know if that enthusiasm means my wish HAS to come true, or if I blew all chances of that away. I guess we'll see! :) After enjoying our cake, we went downstairs and watched a movie, before Brad had to take Mac back to post.

It was a very fun night. I was especially glad Mac got to come, because he is headed back to the States very, very soon, and I am going to miss him something terrible.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool that Debbie got the red velvet cake from Great! That's Sarah's favorite cake. I love continuity.

    On my way to Chicago then Baroda to see N and P.

    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails