Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Fun day!

After PWOC Bible study this morning, Kristen (my running buddy!) came up to me and asked if I would like to go to Rammstein with her today. I felt a flashback to junior high asking, "Mom, mom, can I go to so-and-so's house to play? Pleeeeeease? I'll do all my chores when I come back home!" But instead it was, "Debbie, Debbie, can I go with Kristen to Rammstein? Pleeeeeeease? She'll bring me home before dinner!" And she said yes! So, off I went with Kristen - dropped her kids off at the daycare and away we drove!

Rammstein is an Air Force base not to far from Baumholder. We went to go shopping :) because Baumholder is NOTHING compared to Rammstein. They've got a huge foodcourt, and a pretty base, and nice barracks, and lots of shopping, a big chapel, a nicer BX, all kinds of wonderful ammenities. The joke (not really the funny kind, since it's true) where Mac is in Cleburg is, "why does an Army soldier have to get injured in order to be treated like the Air Force?" (in WTU [warrior transition unit, where all the hurt soldiers go] their job description is 'to heal,' which means they get spacious quarters, free internet and a DSN line, TVs, and allll kinds of things that the Air Force just naturally gives it's airmen.) Anways, we had fun shopping, then decided to head over to Vogelweh, another Air Force/Army base, where we had lunch and did some more shopping - Kristen bought a couple of cute dresses, so we're gonna dress up for dinner & discussion tomorrow night.

It was just so much FUN, talking and laughing and joking and just being girls. It made me miss my girl friends at home, but it made me so happy to realize I have a friend here. After lunch, she suggested driving over to see Mac at Kleber, since it's really close to Vogelweh. When we found him, he said he'd actually been trying all day to get to Baumholder so he could buy some tanker boots, since there's no armor on Kleber, so we loaded him into the car and headed back. Picked up Gabe and Josh from pre-school, then Kristen dropped us off at the Festaburg. We sat around on the balcony talking till Debbie came home, then she and I made dinner and the four of us enjoyed it. We got to sit around on the balcony again after dinner and just enjoy the absolutely GORGEOUS day that God made for us, until Kristen came by to take Mac home again. And I get to see them all again tomorrow! What a great place is this - and how great to have such good friends!Sadly, I didn't get any of me and Kristen, but I CERTAINLY will tomorrow when we're all dressed up and cute! And I don't know why this is written as a link like this...oh well.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great time - glad you and Kristen had such a good time shopping. I went shopping today too - found an adorable brown dress w/ matching shoes at Ross - for CHEAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I had a freakin blast!!! The most fun EVER shopping, and I'm SO glad to go with you. It was a wonderful day....and I'm still on a high from it. Thanks for going with me girl!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails