Saturday, March 1, 2008

Last Day #2

Today was very quiet.

I managed somehow to get everything into my bags, though I'm scared to think of how much they might weigh. I gave my gifts, and they were all enjoyed. I got a big (heavy) book of Germany in pictures, it's absolutely beautiful. Sadly, I did not get to go for a last walk or drive today, because the wind is threatening to blow the country over into Holland and the rain comes at your face perpendicularly. A good day for contemplation. It's still hard to believe this is it - it's over. It's incredible. I enjoyed my last chance to tickle Flori, listen to Benni, and tell Tina her bedtime stories (they're always stories of my life). Tomorrow I'll wake up for an early breakfast, shove my pjs and today's clothes and my toothpaste into my bags (somehow), say goodbye, and be off. 6 1/2 hours later, I'll get off a train, my boyfriend will hug me, and Brad and Debbie will take me home.

Tomorrow's going to be quite the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails