Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is my fourth favorite holiday, unless you count Christmas Eve and Christmas as one, in which case it becomes my third favorite holiday. I love sleeping in a little, sitting in my pajamas and watching the Macy's parade, seeing the sun streaming through the windows in that way it only does on holidays. I love the festive feeling that makes me smiley, and wish that the parade would drag on a little longer before I have to start cleaning and cooking. I love having the whole family over and eating - even though I'm really not fond of turkey - and eating and eating some more, and then starting on the dessert (mmmmm pie!). I love decorating the house in fall colors and turkeys and leaves and pumpkins, which somehow we never seem to remember to do until Thanksgiving morning, and it all gets cleared away the next day for all the CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS!!!

This year, things are different, although I am very thankful that God sent me that special holiday sunshine here in the sun-forgotten land of Germany. Imagine - seeing the blue sky! What a treat! And not freezing without three layers of long sleeves on! Incredible! And I still got to do some cleaning because Tiffany's coming tonight, so it sort of does feel like Thanksgiving. I'll scrounge on youtube and find some old Macy's clips to complete my day. :) No pumpkin pie, though.

So, some things I'm thankful for.

♥ My family!! Who knew I'd ever miss them so much?
♥ My friends, who keep me sane.
♥ all the people - YOU - at home, who are praying for me
♥ The chance to live in another country - and the fact that it's halfway done!
♥ the hope I have, all because of what God has done for me
♥ the sunshine
♥ all the little ways God blesses me and sends smiles into my days

Then there are future thanks:
♥ getting away for the weekend
♥ getting to see Larissa next month!!
♥ getting to listen to CHRISTMAS MUSIC tomorrow!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails