Friday, May 30, 2008

Day 1 1/2

Well, I'm here!

After a loooong flight (20 hrs travel time!), I landed in Frankfurt, collected my luggage, and walked through the doors to see Brad's smiling face waiting to take me to the Festaburg. I was oddly wide awake, despite only getting about 45 minutes' sleep on the plane. We ate dinner, then I unpacked and ended my evening (10 pm is still light out, therefore still evening) with a large cup of chammomile tea on the balcony, enjoying the fresh air, birds, green trees, and general glory of God's creation.

This morning I woke up at 6 am (whatever happened to jet-lag??) and did more unpacking, but then fell asleep again and didn't wake until 1 pm (ah, there it is). Then it was a normal Friday - help cook for Bible study dinner, work on projects for Brad, and then people come over. Only this was different, for me - there were 3 soldiers over, instead of 30. My first taste of post-deployment life. It was still a lot of fun, and it gives a chance to hear every individual more during discussions. But I do kind of miss the large, rather chaotic groups. Two of the guys were new to me, I only knew Jonathon from before. After Bible study, we played a ping-pong tournament before Brad took one guy back to base. So far there's no plan for tomorrow except waffles at 10. :)

I am so happy to be back here - and so blessed to be wanted here! One of my tasks is going to be teaching Brad German, every morning from like 9-10. Should be fun! They say teaching really helps you learn something even better. I am excited to see what God has in store for my summer here! Keep me in your prayers, please. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails