Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Time Has Come, the Walrus Said...

To talk of many things: of shoes and ships and sealing wax; of cabbages and kings; and when the sea is boiling hot; and whether pigs have wings. Or of how this is my LAST WEEK with the family! Yikes!

I think this whole things is being held against me by a certain 8-year-old who seems to be determined to make me pay for leaving early (because of course it's my fault) by being absolutely beastly to me every chance she gets. I haven't heard a single pleasant thing from her since about 16:45 on Wednesday afternoon. It's not exactly making me wish I could stay here longer...but everything else is going well. I've started packing - a daunting task that leaves me prone to being easily distracted by just about anything. How I wish my wonderful, talented mother was here to help me, like she did when I was coming over here! I fear I may never get it myself.

Today was my last Sunday at church - and I finally got to sing on praise team!! Perfect timing. It was a blast. I will be thrilled to go back home to Palmcroft, though. I found out that my college pastor, the amazing John Craft, has his sermons on iTunes as podcasts...how I wish I'd known that a few months ago when I was desperately missing home, instead of now when I know I'll be there in a month! Sigh. It's still cool to hear them, though, and to hear the voices of my friends answering questions or being talked about during announcements. A little piece of home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails