Monday, August 3, 2009

The Bike Shed

So, I talked in the last blog about helping Brad build a bike shed. There was an old playhouse in the farthest corner of the backyard, long since condemned due to it's age and general decrepitude. So, Brad tore the rotten pieces off and fixed it up with newer wood and added a roof, since the old corrugated plastic roof was sacrificed to become a baptismal pit cover. Then I got to help, and we covered the whole thing in tar paper. Brad even entrusted me with a hammer and nails! (Though he did say I hammer like a girl...well...) After that, I got to paint tar onto all the seams and nails. The next day, after my garage project, I painted some wooden signs for the shed. My original thought was "Festaburg Bike Shop," but Brad said that was advertising for thieves. In response, I went with a Calvin and Hobbes-esque "Keep Out," "Top Secret," and "No Girls Allowed" idea, which was accepted with glee.

So, here's the finished product! Waterproof and waiting to be filled with a few more bikes.

1 comment:

  1. You TOTALLY should have made a "GROSs" sign and that would have completed the Calvin and Hobbes analogy. Even if some Germans might have thought you just wanted to say that the shed was large. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails