Monday, April 7, 2008

The Last Day

It seems unreal that this is my last day in Germany.

It began about 12:05 am, as I was sitting on the couch watching movies, when Mac opened the door and told me to go put on my shoes so we could play in the snow. He wanted to make a snowman, cause he'd never done that before, and we built a big one! We rolled giant snowballs up and down the silent street until about 1:30 in the morning, and we built Christoph (that's his name) right outside the front door. We had fun dressing him up in Mac's beret and fleece, with a knife for a mouth and a plug converter nose. He even had bushy eyebrows! Brad certainly was startled when he went to step out this morning. :)

I spent the morning packing all my stuff back up. Despite having gotten rid of as much as I could - including multiple pairs of shoes - my bags appear to still be overweight. All that German chocolate!! But I got it all in, which is good. We went out for Döner as my last German meal, and we had Spaghetti-Eis to top it off. Came back, and I talked to mom about details and whatnot. Tomorrow morning we'll leave at 7 am, and I'll be in Phoenix at 8:30 pm!!!!!!!! I get to sleep in MY OWN BED tomorrow night!! AHhhhhh this is unreal! But so, so, so incredibly exciting!

I am going to miss it. It's going to be a weather shock coming from snow to 80 degree sunshine. I'm going to miss how beautiful the German countryside is. I'm going to miss Brad and Debbie, and I'm really going to miss Mac, and I already miss so many others. I'm going to miss speaking German - or a mix of "Denglisch." But I cannot wait to see my parents and hug my sister and see the SUN and pet my kittens and eat real mexican food and hug my friends and go to my church and did I mention enjoy the sunshine? I am ready to be home!!!! OH, it's so exciting!! Thinking about it is giving me tingles. :) hee hee hee hee the year is over!!! Can you believe it?? there were times when it went by soooo slowly, but now that I'm going home it seems to have sped by. Although, while it seems I haven't been in Germany that long, it seems like I haven't been home in forever. EEEEEEEEE I cannot WAIT!!! I hope I sleep on the plane, that always makes time go faster.

I'm coming home TOMORROW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails