Sunday, December 23, 2007

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

So, yesterday, this world was really a winter wonderland. Everything froze so much - again - that it was gorgeously white, and the sun was shining and the sky was a perfect clear blue. This is one way I know God loves me - He sends me sunny days on weekends, when I can truly enjoy them. So, I went out photographing everything I could, went to the Haus im Moor, drove around back-country Germany, and went walking in my favorite spot in the woods. Just gorgeous. And it's a good thing I did this yesterday, because today it's a whole 3 degrees and things have melted, it's drizzly, foggy, and for some reason the entire world has a sickly, yellowish cast to it. Eew.

So, yes, there are lots of pictures, but I can't resist showing them off, because God's creation is so breathtakingly beautiful! Walking around in the silence, hearing the frost fall in showers from the frozen branches, and seeing the brilliant blue of the sky and the shining white of all the ice - it was an incredible afternoon.

I am officially done with ALL wrapping of gifts, eagerly awaiting getting to put them under the tree and watch the kids open them. We don't decorate the tree till tomorrow, I've been told. I really have no idea what the next two days are going to be like, I'm just going with the flow. Whee! It doesn't really feel like Christmas...it's going to be very different. With all the traditins gone, though, it really brings back the focus on why I celebrate Christmas. Without the comfort of my family around me, the only one I have to run to is Jesus Himself, because He never leaves me alone, and that is a comforting thought.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails