Monday, November 2, 2009

Bresso, ich hab dich vermisst!

So, it was pointed out to me last week that I never post anymore. I was surprised to hear this, as I've only ever thought of this as a while-I'm-in-Germany blog, and figured no one would bother with it otherwise. But as it was mentioned, I thought about blogging a bit more - and then had a German moment today and thought it would work out.

I have Bresso! Bresso is an herb-y cream-cheese substance that I ate for breakfast and dinner every day for 9 months of my life. Sounds repetitive and boring, but it's delicious enough to make no never mind. Anyways, I brought some home with me, and found it in my parents' fridge today - and still good! So, I brought it home and am enjoying it immensely, even though I have to eat it on a normal bagel and not a delicious kurbis-kaese-broetchen. (a roll with baked cheese and pumpkin seeds on it, my favorite morning fare from Deutschland) All this to say, I miss Germany, and miss my daily breakfast. It also included a slice of gouda and some salami or kaiserbraten (some kind of delcious ham) and a cup of fresh, hot black tea. Oh...yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails