Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I'm packing!

(obviously not...ugh)

Well, today is packing day. All of my stuff (except what's needed for tonight and tomorrow morning) is actually in my suitcases, so I know it fits. Now I just have to go through and reorganize it so it sits nicely despite shifting during flights, and making sure the weight is somewhat even. I really, really loathe packing. It takes a long time, and a lot of thought, and it makes you realize how far you are from your destination. Knowing that I'm moving on Saturday and therefore have to unpack, repack, and unpack again really makes this unpleasant. But I'm going home!!

Despite having said it at least a hundred times by now, I have to say - I cannot believe summer is over already. School starts next week. Work starts right after that. I'm moving in 3 days. (Praise God that things worked out in a last-minute crisis!) But tonight, I have to say goodbye to some of the most wonderful people I know. Brad and Debbie have taken me into their home, mentored and discipled me, and fed me for more than 7 months all told. Nellie has been like a sister - my sign sister! - and is so precious to me. She's moving to Texas soon, so she'll at least be closer. Justin has become a huge part of my life. Gordon is like an obnoxious older brother, or cousin or something. Sean and Jonathan are such good friends, and it's been so nice to talk with them rather than just e-mail like during the deployment. Rosie is an amazing new friend who I won't get the chance to know better. And there are so many others, I can't name them all. And tonight is the last time I will see most of them, as far as I know.

Sniff. I don't know what else to say at this moment. I'm sure after I've actually said the goodbyes, I'll have more of a reaction. Right now, I'm just looking forward to giving all my friends great big hugs and hanging out one last time. But first, I have to get back to shoveling stuff (neatly) into my suitcases....ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails