Tuesday, July 7, 2009

21st Birthday

Woo-hoo, I'm 21! Wow...that sounds old. When I go home, I'm gonna have to go in and get a new driver's license. (That's good, because I look about 12 on the one I have now!) My birthday was really a lot of fun. Because it was a holiday weekend, the guys all had Monday off and were able to celebrate with me. We hung around the house most of the day, arranging Brad and Debbie's new basement furniture, then had a mexican-themed meal for dinner. YAY mexican food! You can't really get anything all that spicy over here, which is a shame, but it sure was delicious. Debbie even made my favorite cornbread casserole.After dinner, there were presents and cake and games. Debbie made me a chocolate cake with penuche frosting, the traditional Cardy birthday cake. I got earrings from Debbie - pretty red dangling ones that will match my ball dress! I got an Idar-Oberstein stone frog tealight holder from Brad. He'd tried to find one tick-shaped (I HATE bugs, and Sam's been having a vicious tick problem), but fortunately they don't make them that way. Thank goodness. I also got gummi bears from Gordon and a pedicure set from Kristen, since I'm an Arizona girl at heart and always, always wear flip flops (or go barefoot!). We ate cake and went and played my favorite game - MarioKart - on Justin's Wii. Brad and Debbie even got into it, and we all had a blast! It was a good way to celebrate another year of life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails